Land Speed Record ... (June 5,2009)


What a ride I had today. For the second day in a row, I have had down hills and tailwinds. Spectacular wind today. The ride from Circleville to Richfield is 52 miles, and I did it in just over 3 hours riding time. That's around 16.6 mph average ... on a 30 pound bike with 45 to 50 pounds of gear.
The last 5 miles was quite flat ... I was cruising at around 30 mph! What a way to finish up a day's ride. Ahhhhh, what fun ... but I am tired of the camping in the wind.

I think tomorrow will be more of the same.

The area between Circleville and Marysvale looks as though it would be a great place to spend a week ... white water rafting, riding, and for those who enjoy such activities, hiking, fishing and ATVing. I have never seen so many ATVs in my life. It seems as though every member of every family has their own ATV. Consumerism lives.

1 comment: