Wheeeeeeee (June 28, 2010)


Oh, bless you tailwind.

More changing of plans. I had planned on taking two easy days ... the first from Browning to Cut Bank (33 miles), then on to Shelby (26 miles) the second day.

When I awoke this morning, I could tell from the way the tent was moving, that there was a fairly strong wind coming out of the west. After eating and packing, I got out on the road. Oh, my ... what a joy. Hardly pedaling and cruising at 25 MPH.

Not a lot to see out here, mostly grasslands and various types of agriculture.

With the strong wind, I found myself in Cut Bank about an hour and a half after starting today's ride, so I pressed on to Shelby ... made it in record time, even though the wind slowed. One thing that has changed is that it is no longer cool/cold ... it is hot ... not Arizona hot, but hot none-the-less.

Feels good to be out of the mountains and into a new phase of the ride. Another week and I will be meeting-up with Rich Torkington in Williston, ND. Looking forward to seeing Rich.

Life is good ... hot, but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment