The Price of Green (June 2, 2010)


Two days of riding through some incredibly beautiful green country. Left Eugene on Tuesday (6/1), and rode a mostly flat 47 miles to Corvallis. This was an excellent way to start this adventure ... light tailwind, and only about 30 minutes of light drizzle. Arrived in Corvallis just in time to watch the start of a steady rain.

Woke this morning to more of the same ... steady rain, so I clad myself in all of my waterproof clothing and headed out into the rain. In some strange way this was enjoyable, for the first hour anyway. After 32 miles of riding in the rain, I decided to cut the day short and get into another weather-tight hotel room. The wind and rain is really making the outdoors un-enjoyable, I suspect, for those unlucky enough to be camping. Guess I am just a wimp.

Tomorrow I am heading over to the Oregon Coast ... Lincoln City area. Weather projections call for "the storm of the decade" hitting the coast tomorrow night.

And so, the price of green ... lots of rain. Hope I can stay relatively dry tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are on the road. Be safe. I look forward to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Storm of the Decade" sounds exciting...and really, really wet. I'm glad to hear you've launched the next adventure. I'll keep checking in on you. I have friends in Anacortes so if you want to make contact/get a homecooked meal, let me know and I'll hook you up. Stay safe, my friend.

    ReplyDelete