Hard Day at the Office (June 25, 2010)

Today was a hard day ... 92 miles from Libby to Kalispell, MT.

I had originally planned to head north to Eureka, then come back south to Whitefish ... two days of riding. As mentioned previously, I will be meeting up with Rich Torkington in North Dakota on July 6 ... however, I was running a day late. Rich has been most gracious in indicating that my arriving on July 7 is not a problem, but I have this thing about being on time (as my Momma taught me).

So I decided to make a long day of it and ride the 92 miles to Kalispell, which is a few miles south of Whitefish. After thanking Tom for his companionship over the past week and a half, and wishing him happy and safe travels, I headed out.

Long-ass day ... lots of climbing ... several sections of the highway without a shoulder wider than the 8" white line ... times of sever headwinds ... as I say, long-ass day (8 hours and 45 minutes riding time).

Even though there were a few scenic views, I did not stop to take any pictures. Suffice it to say that there were mountains, hills, valleys, lakes, trees (lots of trees), and an abundance of green grass. So what's new.

Tomorrow I again head east, but plan on a shorter day of riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment