Quick Update (May 13, 2015)

Pulled into St. Augustine, FL, this past Sunday, May 10, and immediately headed to the beach to take a look at the Atlantic Ocean.  Felt good to have reached this goal ... approximately 2350 miles and just under seven weeks since leaving Globe, AZ.  Beautiful day and beautiful city in which to finish.

Shared a wonderful meal and mini-celebration with Cynthia and Rawley, the couple I had met back at the Prada store in West Texas.  Nice way to finish. Funny how mini-communities develop while on the road.  I have been emailing/texting with five other cycling tourists ... folks I may not have spent more than an hour or an evening with ... but the friendships are real.

I am now heading to Savannah, GA.  The plan is to take Amtrak to Richmond, VA later this week, then head west on the TransAm Route.  Thanks to Linda Matson for helping me decipher the mysteries of the Amtrak system.

Georgia ... hot and humid.  Even though it seems to be a derogatory slur aimed at the Arizona desert, I will take the dry heat.

'Tis time to hit the road for another joyful day ... hope the wind is going my way.

5 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Congratulations! Off to the next leg of your journey you go!

    I'm glad to hear you're making lots of lifetime cycling friends! And I'm glad to hear that you'll be having your first Amtrak experience -- I'll be curious to hear what you think about traveling by train with a bicycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Well done. Now, please don't take the curves too fast on that train.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on arriving at the Atlantic! Best wishes as you begin your westward journey on the TransAm. As they say: "I have people in that part of the country." (Not in Richmond but 50ish miles from there.) Let me know if you have any logistics snafus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randy. You are the man. You scooted across the country (two countries of you include Texas). and you just keep on tickin'. Daun and I rode three days in Texas and literally left body parts. You are an impressive cyclist and writer. Thanks or the ride.

    ReplyDelete