A Tour to Follow (June 12, 2012)


Three summers ago, I had the good fortune to meet Steph and Leo Woodland in a campground in Glasgow, MT. Steph and Leo were riding East-to-West, and I West-to-East on the Northern Tier cycling route. We shared a picnic table and several bottles of Fat Tire Beer ... and had one of the most enjoyable evening of conversation imaginable. Leo and I have stayed in contact via email, sharing cycling comments and questionable "guy-type" messages.

Steph and Leo are retired British journalists (actually I think Steph is the younger technician that caught the old guy's attention) ... they now live in Southern France. Somewhere in my picture files I have a picture that includes Steph; when I find it I will amend this post.

Tomorrow is the start of their next bike tour. Off to find Noah's end-of-cruise landing port ... Mount Ararat.

If you enjoy wasting time reading of others' treks, I suggest you follow Leo's journal. His words are always thoughtful and full of good humor. The link to his journal is: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/?o=1&page_id=284355&v=Z

(Note: When I find out how to insert an active link I will amend ... until then please cut-and-paste)

No comments:

Post a Comment