Saying Goodbye ... (June 1, 2012)

Saying goodbye to the Pacific Ocean, and heading inland.

Yesterday's ride, while fairly uneventful, was a study in contrasting weather. As I had feared sitting in my tent yesterday morning and listening to the rain, it was a wet ride. For the first couple of hours along the coast, there was a continual light rain, along with very cool temps. Not a lot of fun. But just north of Lincoln City there is a side route that gets riders off of Hwy 101. This ride along Slab Creek is one of my favorites ... very little traffic and very enjoyable riding. Upon turning onto this side road, and heading inland the weather changed dramatically. Sunny and warmer, which gladdened my heart greatly. The remaining ride to Grand Ronde was warm and fairly easy.

Through the magic of cell phones, we determined that Frank was not going to join us in Grand Ronde, so Roger and I discussed sleeping arrangements for the coming evening ... Roger loves stealth camping and I love hotels. I trust Roger enjoyed his evening as much as I enjoyed my evening in a hotel. I may not have mentioned this before, but camping is not one of my favorite past-times. The reason I move my belongings into a self-storage for the summer is so that I can fore-go paying rent ... ergo, hotels from time-to-time are affordable.

The plan is to meet up with Roger, Frank and Andrew (a young guy Roger and I met at Nehalem State Park) in Corvallis this evening. Hope that happens.

Weather looks good today, and the roads are relatively flat. Dare I say it ... life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment