We have a winner ... (August 11, 2009)


Included in my August 2 posting, I asked if anyone knew what the raft in the Lochsa River is ... after a few rather creative answers, I think I have received a true plausible answer.

Skip Atkinson, lead loon of the wilderness hikers I shared dinner with at Three Rivers Resort, provided the following: the raft is called a "weir". Fish are gently trapped in the rotating drum ... U.S. Fish and Game employees monitor the type, size and general health of the fish.

While I appreciate getting a plausible answer, I kind of liked my cousin Larry's offering ... it is an exercise wheel for trout ... similar to what is available for mice, rats and guinea pigs. Good one, Larry.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birtday brother, ride safe getting home, see you soon.

    ReplyDelete