Reason to Celebrate (June 5, 2019)

Yes indeed, a good reason to celebrate.  After last summer's disappointing experience with Amtrak's shipping of my bike to Portland, I am happy (and muy pleased) that this year they successfully conveyed my bike between Tucson and Portland.

For an explanation of last year's debacle, go to the right of the photo to the Archive column, and click on 2018; June, and read the three entries starting with the "Ah Hell ...", June 12 entry.

So,  I am in Portland, OR anxiously (and nervously) getting ready to start this summer's journey ... starting tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow I start on a four day ride down to Bill Burk's place south of Bend, OR.  Then after a day of enjoying Bill's company, I will be heading toward Eugene, OR and pay a weekend visit with Nancy O'Brien ... I have my rain jacket and pants, so am ready for the usual Eugene weather.

From Eugene I will be taking the train to Seattle, on June 17.  This particular train, The Cascades, is set up for rolling one's bike on without having to put the bike into a shipping box.  Two days later I will be joining up with Kim in Anacortes, WA.  From there, we will be heading eastward to Glacier National Park (about three weeks +/-).

From there ... who knows?  We have discussed a few options, but decided to make a decision later.

So, am I excited, enthused, happy, elated, etc., to be on the cusp of another extended bike tour?  I suppose those emotions are floating around somewhere in my psyche ... but the dominating emotion is much like I suspect five year-olds feel on that first day of school.   Kinda unsettling.

But a good unsettling.


2 comments:

  1. Say hello to Bill - be safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear you are starting a cycle tour.... will be following!

    ReplyDelete