A Bike Well Traveled: Part II (June 22, 2018)

In the past several years of bike touring, I (and my bike) typically covered 3,000 miles or more.  So far this summer, only my bike covered that many miles ... and with no wear-and-tear!! 

My bike arrived back in Tucson last evening.  I just did a quick test ride and all appears to be in good working order.

Bike's travel itinerary:  Tucson-Sacramento-Chicago-Seattle-Portland-Seattle-Chicago-Sacramento-Tucson. 

As I mentioned in my previous posting, a partially collapsed tunnel south of Eugene has shut down all train travel between Sacramento and Eugene.

So, am I pissed-off?  No, not really.  Am I disappointed in having canceled this summer's proposed ride?  Kinda ... but not doing the ride really is not very important in the overall scheme of things. 

What's in store for the rest of the summer?  Same answer Amtrak gave me when I asked where my bike might be ... "Don't know."

Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment