Lots of Miles (June 16, 2013)

Many a mile has been covered in the past week.  Lots of hills have been climbed.  Lots of beautiful scenery has been viewed.  .

I arrived in Bodega Bay this afternoon, and decided to reward myself with a nice hotel room ... after all it is Father's Day.  I have had my fill of camping over the past  week while riding through the Redwoods and down the Northern California Coast.  As is to be expected, new short-term friendships were established, and many a cycle touring story told.  Lots of laughter and lots of fun ... but camping is still not something I really enjoy.

Will be getting into San Francisco in a few days, and will be spending some time with my son, Chris.  Looking forward to having a few days off of the bike and being in a city.  It is odd how many small towns there are up in this part of California ... yet so close to a major city.  Traffic today was very heavy due to weekenders returning to the S.F. area.  Lots of RVs and trailers ... not a lot of bike lanes.  Most uncomfortable.

But being in the hotel room is very comfortable ... so I am a happy camper tonight.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds more like it...you're back in the groove.

    ReplyDelete