Christopher Wren (June 27, 2013)

What it's like to be me ...

In my previous post I thought myself to be oh-so-clever in making a reference to Christopher Wren and artichokes.


In my college years (and there were more than the usual number of years in my college career), I took an Architectural History class.  Included in this class was discussion of Sir Christopher Wren, who was the leading architect of the late 17th Century in London.  He designed, amongst many other projects, St. Paul's Cathedral.  During his life time, one of the most coveted items in London was the pineapple.  He was so enamored of this exotic fruit that he incorporated it into many of his projects.

If you stand back far enough, artichokes and pineapples kind of look alike.

Many, many bits and pieces of  knowledge seem to float around in my mind ... and most often when recalling these pieces of information I come oh-so-close to being correct.

Ain't easy being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment