Bike Friendly (June 26, 2011)

After taking the Larkspur Ferry across the Bay, I rode through downtown San Francisco to Lindsey and Chris's house ... this on Friday afternoon. I was surprised at how easy the riding is in SF. Fortunately, the route I took did not include any of the famous hills. Very nice bike lanes, and lots of bikes traveling about.

The adjacent photo is of a giant mural painted on the backside of a Safeway.

I had a great time with Lindsey and Chris ... they were gracious enough to give me a tour of the City, and we had some great meals. The architecture, both residential and commercial is captivating. I had a great time.

I do believe there are more single speed bikes in SF than anywhere else ... but I'll stick with my 27 gears.

1 comment:

  1. in case you ever feel like you are overdoing it... http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/28/sports/cycling/in-cycling-race-across-america-sleep-is-shunned.html?_r=1

    thats just nuts...

    ReplyDelete