Humbling (June 3, 2011)


Just after cresting a double climb (400 ft. climb followed shortly by a 600 ft. climb), I was feeling quite full of myself. To add to my sense of super-human achievement, I came upon a large view-point parking lot filled with those wimpy car and RV people (at which I scoffed).

As I left the parking lot, I came across a guy walking along the road, heading south. Mark is walking the Oregon Coast. He said he was averaging about 16 miles a day, and that he thought he could reach the California boarder in a total of 30 days.

I told him that if I met someone crawling on hands and knees that I would have to take him down off of the "top hero pedestal", but until then he is number one.

I rode away on my two-wheeled vehicle, down hill at about 35 mph, and felt quite humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment