Found Him!!! (August 6, 2011)

I don't quite know how the FBI can not find this guy ... his name is right there on the mail box.

I finally found a sympathetic Park Ranger. The truck is now safely parked for two weeks and I am on the bike again. While it feels good to be "back on the saddle, again", the body is a little sore this evening. It has been almost a month since I finished up my Pacific Coast ride, and it is clear to me that I have lost much of the fitness gained during that five week ride. Fortunately, this portion of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan is quite flat. None-the-less, 35 miles in the heat and humidity has taken its' toll. Add that to several nights of sleeping ... or rather, trying to sleep ... in the heat and humidity and the end result is a night in an air conditioned hotel.

I am heading toward the Mackinaw City area, but have not decided if I will head south to the Traverse Bay area or stay up in the Upper Peninsula. The truck can be stored at Wells State Park for 15 days, so that limits the amount of miles I can cover on this trek (especially in this humid environment).

All-in-all, I am happy to be pedaling again ... just wish there was a way to spend time with familiar faces. Such is the fate of the lone traveler.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back on the bike. Hope the next couple of weeks treat you good. Ride safe.

    ReplyDelete