Like Dear Mother Said ... (July 11, 2016)

... "Moderation in all things."  Very wise advice, indeed.

I guess I must be one of the few people my age that was not aware of the evil side affects of large doses of the wonder drug Ibuprofen.

Since doing research on  possible causes of my extreme Prostate discomfort during the last few days of my Northwest ride, I have completely stopped taking Ibuprofen ... also stopped placing my ass on that wee little bicycle saddle.   Lo-and-behold, the extreme discomfort (as in pain) has not re-occured, and if I may unashamedly boast for a second, I have re-acquired quite an impressive flow.

Met with my Doctor today, so my re-entry into the world of medicine has begun ... blood test tomorrow, then on to who knows what.

If all goes well, one of these mornings I will awaken and realize I slept the night through ... oh, what a glorious morning that will be!!!

I have been communicating with Kim as her bike touring continues.  She is currently in Victoria, Vancouver Island, and is having a wonderful time of it ... I find myself wishing I were still riding, all-the-while understanding why I returned to Tucson.  So, I sit in my evaporative (non) cooled apartment (with a floor fan blowing in my face), reading Kim's daily journal in which she sometimes laments the cool weather she is experiencing ... damn.

Learned my lessen regarding Ibuprofen ... Mother was indeed wise.   But then she also often said, "Serve hot things hot, and cold things cold" ... and I have no idea as to how to apply that pearl of wisdom to my life.

Given what has transpired in my life recently, and comparing my travails with things that some friends are experiencing, I must say that all-in-all I live a blessed life ... in short, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment